Featured Post

Don't pass up a "sign"

The question was asked "Would you ever consider living in the best kept secret in Southern Indiana"?  "Oh, I don't know.....

Wednesday, October 13, 2010



Tintypes fascinate me. They were the first form of instant photography. Some people call them 'instant relatives'~I call them 'instant tales'~my imagination runs wild as I sit on a rainy day and wonder who they were and what they wondered about...did they live a full life with happiness and disappointments. Why did I choose to pick up these particular little pictures of tin and keep them close~close so that on a rainy day I can look and again wonder at their little imposed faces on blackened metal?

2 comments:

The Barn Door said...

I love tintypes too. I am fortunate to have some that are actually pics of family.

nadine paduart said...

does it give us, in a sense, the illusory and furtive sensation we might live forever, as opposed to the reality as we know it?
do i sound pompous? mhm.

i like tin types. i love finding them in flea markets. i understand your fascination very well.